Honeyed rice salad
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
A pinch of salt
100g of long-grain white rice
100g of double Gloucester cheese
2 spring onions
2 sticks of celery
1 red apple
A quarter of cucumber
3 tablespoons of canned sweet corn
2 tablespoons of sultanas
4 tablespoons of salad cream
1-2 tablespoons of clear honey
Salt and pepper to taste
You will need
Knife, for cutting
- Put a medium saucepan of salted water on to boil. When the water is boiling, add the rice and boil for 12-15 minutes until the rice is tender and cooked.
- Ask an adult to help you drain the rice in a sieve. Rinse the rice in cold water and then drain again.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes. Trim and chop the onions and the celery. Quarter the apple and remove the core before chopping into neat pieces. Chop the cucumber.
- Put the cheese, chopped apple, sweet corn, sultanas, onions, cucumber and celery into a large bowl. Mix them all together with a spoon.
- Now make the dressing. Put the salad cream into a small bowl with the honey and a little salt and pepper to taste. Stir them well until combined.
- Add the dressing to the cheese mixture and mix well until everything is evenly combined. To serve, spoon the salad into a bowl.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
25g of cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
4 teaspoons of clear honey
4 chicken drumsticks
You will need
- Heat the oven to 190c / gas mark 5.
- Grate the cheese and put to one side.
- Put the tomato ketchup and the honey into a small bowl and mix well together.
- Mix the grated cheese with the breadcrumbs.
- Using the pastry brush, coat the drumsticks thickly with the tomato mixture. Roll the drumsticks in the breadcrumbs and cheese until they are evenly coated. Use your hands to make sure the mixture sticks properly.
- Place the drumsticks on the baking paper and cook in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the drumsticks are cooked through.